Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Teagan Goes to the Midwest

Lots of great things come from the Midwest: Kanye West, Lebron James, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, cheap gas prices etc. So it was kind of a big deal getting our then four month old packed and ready to go where greatness happens.

Earlier this month we set off for Indianapolis, Indiana for my cousin’s wedding with our little one in tow. This would mark our Teagan’s very first vacation via airplane.  Her true first vacation would probably be Las Vegas but let me tell you that boarding your little one's first flight is so nerve wrecking as a first time parent. Most of us have been on that flight where there’s a baby crying non-stop and the poor parents look mortified while the other passengers just give them the side eye. Well it was mine and Saul’s turn to be the poor parents and I did everything I could to prepare for every possible scenario (extra extra diapers, wipes, paci’s, clothes etc.). We booked our tickets on Southwest as I had heard that if there were any empty seats we’d be allowed to bring our car seat on board and Teagan would essentially get a free seat. Southwest ended up being pretty baby friendly and our little ploy worked on two of the three legs we took. Flying to Indianapolis was a piece of cake thanks in part to Miss Teagan being a champ. It was a direct flight that was less than 50% full (when does this ever happen?!) and she pretty much knocked out in her car seat for something like three[ish] hours.

We arrived in Indy and spent the night in an airport hotel. The next morning my dad picked us up and took us to the hotel where the wedding guests were staying. All of my fam made it out for the wedding (Josh, Addy, Mom and Dad) and it also marked Uncle Josh’s first time meeting his niece. So special! The wedding was great. I’m such a sucker for weddings. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I got married pretty recently (2.5 years ago) or the fact that I’m a romantic (or both?) but boy do I get emotional. For me, there’s something so beautiful about two people deciding that they love each other enough to work through the ups, downs and in betweens together for the rest of their lives. Anyways, we all danced the night away and had a fabulous time. Josh caught the garter and Addy caught the bouquet but did anyone else even have a chance? Josh is 6’5” and Addy was like 6’2” with her heels on.

My little family <3 p="">


She loved her Uncle Josh right away. :)



Saul did so amazing keeping Teagan calm and quiet during the wedding.


Dad's back there creeping with Teagy


The outfit was on fleek ;)

Tea took a nap while Addy caught the bouquet.

Josh and Addy killed it!

Morning after the wedding.

Anyways, we piled into Josh’s Suby the next morning and road-tripped to Columbus which was something like three hours away. Columbus will always have a super special spot in my heart as it’s where I got my positive pregnancy test when I was five weeks pregnant with Teagan. It definitely didn’t disappoint. We ate good food, went hiking to some caves, went to the rose garden and played board games at a bar. It was a great time!

Hey Mom and Dad! :)

Miss Teagan was a trooper




I spy Red Vines in my mom's purse. Like mother, like daughter. ;)


Kind of like Where's Waldo but with my dad and Josh





Where are Teagan's pants?! haha


Look at all that drool!

Addy's skillz.

Josh's skillz.

Dad's skillz. My fav! haha

Melts my heart!!! How did I get so lucky with these two?

Columbus Rose Garden


Opa and Teagan.

Photo cred: Saul

Mimi and Teagan.


Our room was the hangout spot haha

Kingsmaker was so awesome


My husband is obsessed with Catan.

Aunty Addy got Teagan to fall asleep.

Raising Cane's was bomb [dot] com

Just as fast as it came, it went and it was time to board our flight bound for Chicago. This leg was easy peasy.  The flight was pretty empty again so Teags got her own seat and it was only an hour or so. The flight from Chicago to LAX was fully booked. Luckily Saul and I spotted a younger girl alone in a window seat so we took the middle and aisle next to her. This made for the least awkward situation if/when I needed to nurse Teagan. It ended up being the right call as the girl was super sweet and didn’t get bothered if Teagan fussed and would play peek-a-boo etc. with her. Best case scenario. Teagan had a semi-melt down on the flight but Saul was a trooper and stood up in the aisle and bounced her until she calmed down. My hubby is the best!

Uncle Josh saying bye at the airport.



-C

1 comment: