Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Quarter of a Century



January 29th marked the day that Oprah Winfrey was born. It also marked the day that I turned 25 (yikes!).

It was an uber low-key birthday spent with my students, my husband and little sis.

The day started with Saul surprising me with breakfast before school (chilaquiles). We headed off to school just like usual. I was able to keep the secret from my students almost the entire day (to avoid the embarrassment of being sung to) until Saul decided to march his Accounting class over to sing Happy Birthday to me during 6th period in both Samoan and Spanish (Saul led the entire thing, of course).  It was so chaotic but definitely a Samoan birthday at school to remember.

The fun continued at home where Addie made my favorite cupcake (white-sour cream- almond) with cream cheese frosting. Delish.  Saul made my favorite dinner enchiladas and a mini-party ensued complete with balloons, candles and champagne.

Addie got me a really pretty pink lava lava and decorated the house in matching pink balloons. Saul got me Victoria’s Secret bras. This was in no way risqué. My bras are were embarrassing to say the least. Samoa's humidity does bad things to clothes. Anyways I got quite a few new bras all the way from the VS. It sounds misogynistic but it really was one of the most thoughtful birthday presents I've received. :) I also received a pretty good amount of mail and phone calls which is always awesome here in AmSam.

So that was my 25th birthday. It sounds really low-key and it was but it was perfect! :)

-C
My white board at school :)
Surprised me by waking up early to make me breakfast




Delicious cupcakes
 The  Samoan stores definitely have a certain "type" of card
Bras for days, in lots of different colors too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment