Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy 6 Months Alofa O Lo'u Ola! (Love of my Life)




The first 6 months of our marriage really flew by. We celebrated our 6 month anniversary last week with a few exciting festivities.

On Sunday we tried to recreate one of our favorite date night meals at home—Houston’s Hawaiian rib eye. We nailed the marinade, and it tasted just like we got it at Houston’s. We had a little trouble figuring out how to cook the steak, considering we don’t have access to a grill or any other sophisticated cookware (including pans thicker than a millimeter or broiling pan). We ended up putting the steak directly on the oven rack and broiling it (kind of like a reverse grill). It came out a little more cooked than a steak at Houston’s, but it was still delicious. We had a baked potato and “Samoan salad” on the side. We call it “Samoan salad” because all of the vegetables came from here.

The next day (our actual anniversary), we had a meeting with the DOE in town (which deserves a rant), so we took the opportunity to go out for a nice dinner. We ate at Sadie’s by the Sea. It ended up being the best food we have eaten out on the island (however nothing compares to my wife’s wonderful cooking at home). Along with the delicious food, the atmosphere was extremely romantic. We had a table with a view overlooking the harbor and the weather couldn’t have been better.

After Sadie’s, we went home and exchanged gifts. Chelsia got me an awesome wooden frame with a picture of the two of us and what I think is my favorite picture from our wedding. I got her a bouquet of flowers, but it was filled with plastic flowers that she can wear in her hair. She had been wanting some for a while since it is popular for girls to wear flowers in their hair here. I thought this was the perfect time to get her a few.

Every day I realize more and more that it makes me the luckiest man in the world to be married to Chelsia. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, she is my best friend, she is my rock, and she is my soul mate. I’m having a blast with her on this adventure that we are enjoying and the first 6 months has been amazing. I’m looking forward to many more adventures in life with this amazing woman.

-S









1 comment:

  1. It sure is wonderful that you are so happy and getting the most out of life with your love and adventure. We're so happy for the both of you. We are looking forward to watching and helping you in the future. Love Mom and Dad (Yolanda and Chris)

    ReplyDelete