Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, Husband!

Saul's birthdays are usually a huge deal for me. One, I love him with all of my heart and want him to feel like a BOSS for a day, two, celebrating pretty much anything is always so much fun and three without this day 25 years ago my dear husband would not exist. They're a big deal not in the "go-all-out-party" kind of way but rather in the decorate the house, go on a weekend trip and find the perfect present kind of way. I got his present when we were still back in the states and have been dragging it around with me since. However, I was pretty devastated to learn that we would be living at the school still for his big 2-5 on July 26th not to mention we would have orientation classes. So of course I had to do something about and make it special.

On Friday (his actual birthday) we went to Carl's Jr. for his b-day dinner (balllinnn' lol) and went to see Wolverine at the theater. It's actually a  Regal "2" Cinema and is pretty nice albeit the small size. The movie was entertaining. :) Then we walked back "home" to find that the other teachers (to our complete surprise) had made Saul a little banner and baked him brownies that were so delish. I found a candle and even though we didn't put it in a slice of cake, Saul got to make a wish.

We had reservations for the B & B at Tisa's on Saturday so right after lessons at about noon we headed to Tisa's in Alega village. The B & B is the only open-air Fale left in AmSam (Independent Samoa still has an abundance). The room was amazing with a mosquito net and a private balcony that overlooked the cove. Beautiful. The room came with freshly prepared dinner and breakfast. We snorkeled, had some pina coladas, and just spent time getting some much needed R & R.

So while Saul's birthday was not the typical celebration that we always had back in the states, it turned out to be a great weekend in paradise. I'm so happy/fortunate that I got to spend yet another year with the man of my dreams and I look forward to many, many more. :)

P.S. Saul can rent a car!!! WOOOOHOOOO.

The banner the group made for Saul.
These brownies were so SO good.
The Fale is in the back with the thatched roof.
Our balcony :)
Our own personal "Corona" commercial.
Rummy time

Dinner! Chili and banana chips.
So pretty!
Wasp. 

 
No pictures of me; it was Saul's day! ;)
 
 
-C

 
 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment